Saturday, December 6, 2014

Pulissery

One of the first things I learned to make as I started on with my culinery journey was the pulissery or kaachiya mor... :-)

Taste is important for me... Meaning the pulissery I make should taste like the pulissery I am used to :D There are a lot of ways to make this. With different ingredients come difference in taste...

First I will describe here the simplest and easiest pulissery I have made. It's simple, tasty and can be made anytime ;-)


What I used
  1. Nicely beaten curd with no lumps: 500 ml
  2. Crushed garlic cloves: 8-10
  3. Curry leaves: a sprig ( 5-6 leaves)
  4. Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
  5. Kashmiri chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
  6. Green chili: 1-2 sliced longitudinally
  7. Dry red chili: 2
  8. Salt: to taste
  9. Oil: 2-3 tablespoons
  10. Mustard seeds: 1/2 teaspoon 
How I made it
  1. Heat the pan in which you want to make the pulissery
  2. Once the pan is hot, add the oil
  3. You can be sure the oil is hot enough when you see fumes rising. Then splutter the mustard seeds and add the curry leaves
  4. Quickly add the crushed garlic and the dry red chili till you can smell the aroma of garlic in the kitchen
    P.S: while taking in the glory of the garlicky aroma, ensure you don't get lost in it and burn the garlic... Burnt ingredients kill the dish and your appetite :P
  5. Before the garlic starts to brown, add the tumeric and chili powders and saute well
  6. Now, you can either add salt to the ingredients in the pan or you could mix the salt with the beaten curd
  7. Next add the green chilies and beaten curd to the pan and mix well
  8. If you like thinner consistency for the pulissery, add water till you get the desired form
  9. Heat for a few min and turn off the heat. Ensure the contents don't boil!
I enjoy pulissery with brown rice, brown payar and fish fry :D :D
You can have it with anything you desire, though I recommend brown rice ;-)



1 comment: